Here I go. I’ve always…always been the quiet type. I was never loud, never the clown, never the team quarterback…I was the kid in the back row. And as such I have never been the expressive type except to those very close to me. It’s my nature. So when I am asked to share my dream lifestyle it doesn’t feel natural.
I suppose that after one starts a company that employs over 600 people or one that employs 10, it sometimes does a person good to share. Not to show off and not for the sake of just talking…but rather to lead. To lead by example. To lead without fear and to let the people, the team, who have placed their trust in you…to let them know that you are very much like them. That you too have dreams and hope that what is being created is that much closer to that “dream lifestyle”.
Entrepreneurship is that unique animal that puts the control of achieving that dream life lifestyle squarely in your hands. Of that I’m sure.
So…to Sean and Steve…to the other Black Cards…and especially to the people who have placed their trust in me…my brother Mike and Anjo…Amanda and the crew…
This is my dream lifestyle:
- I control my schedule, my waking and sleeping times, I am nicknamed by my team as “Captain 9 0′clock” not because I’m a lazy SOB but because they know my synapses are on full alert after 9am, till about 2 am, and anytime in between those hours (2am and 9am) is uncool. I love my schedule in my dream lifestyle. Nobody has the power to waste my time because I am selective…super selective about who and where I spend my time.
- In my dream lifestyle my business is something I work on…not in. In fact as a serial entrepreneur it is critical that I work on them and with teams, as opposed to in them day to day. I trust those around me and I trust my team to make the right decisions. Work is a four letter word to me and what I do to earn money, well, it is more of a calling. The things that generate income for me and my family are not work. It’s a passion. In my dream lifestyle when the day comes that it becomes w-o-r-k, I will jettison that caca. In my dream lifestyle I love what I do (work) because as my friend Steve Wilkinghoff says…cash flow, good ROI and net earnings are all in synch so that they are making money. My business’are debt free, can sustain all operations, I am able to reinvest in growth and my dream lifestyle is funded…and then some.
- money is not an issue in my dream lifestyle. I will have enough of it to assure my wife and kids want for nothing and at the same time they all understand the value of money as well as the blood, sweat and tears that go into making it as an entrepreneur.
- in this dream lifestyle the altrustic streak I think we all have will take charge someday and a non-profit and giving will be how a legacy is made. Not for me, but for those it serves, our wounded heroes
- In my dream lifestyle I answer to nobody except God, my country and of course…my wife.
- Finally, in my dream lifestyle, I am an inspiration to my kids and wife and that at the end of every day I have done something that makes them want to be better people…because one of the dreams I have realized, is that THEY make ME want to be a better dad, a better husband and a better man
See. I’m a regular dude.
What’s your dream?