The last post was about being prepared, but the real question is “what are my top 3?” and how do I find them or get them.
Interesting question and it starts with your quarterly goals and then what you’ll do each week and THEN what you’ll do each DAY to drive towards that end state.
Let’s say your big goal is to host a really cool quarterly seminar.
Next, what are the metrics? Or basically what will define success?
Next, what are your key strategies?
Then what are the action steps, or things you must now DO to reach the goal?
It might look like this:
Goal: Host a rockin’ oly lifting seminar
Metrics: 30 attendees; 3 local CrossFit gyms to participate; raise $200 in fees for a local charity
Key Strategies: -team up with other CF boxes; – effective communications and message; -show me the money!
1. email 6 local CF boxes….(who and when!)
2. craft a flyer to post at Starbuck’s…(who and when?!)
3. design a series of emails to blast to house list…(who and when?)
4. announce before each class…(who/when?)
5. seek a local sponsor to team and possibly give $200 for name recognition..(who/when?)
Now the action steps are what will drive your daily top 3. So come Monday I will create my top 3:
1. email 6 boxes
2. craft an email to send to house list
3. call 2 local companies who might wish to sponsor the event
If I get these 3 done then my day is a success. Sure, we will stay busy all day but these are my priorities to reach my big goal.
NOW…do this with all your goals, align your team, and rock on!